Monday, July 25, 2011

Flawless (Pretty Little Liars #2) - much better than the first book!



  My Rate: ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ (8/10 Skulls)


Original Title: Flawless (Pretty Little Liars #2)
Norwegian Title: Feilfri
Written by: Sara Shepard
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Written for: YA
Pages: 330
Publisher:
Harper Teen
Published: 2007
Published in Norway: 2009
My copy: 2008, I think ... (Paperback)
Norwegian Publisher:
Gyldendal
I read it: July 18 - July 24, 2011
Source: From my own personal "library"

Back of the book

FOUR PRETTY LIARS
HAVE BEEN VERY BAD GIRLS.

Spencer stole her sister’s boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya … as much more than a friend. Hanna’s obsession with looking flawless is making her sick. And their most horrible secret yet is so scandalous that the truth would ruin them forever.

And why shouldn’t I tell? They deserve to lose it all. With every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message I send, I’ll be taking these pretty little liars down. Trust me, I’ve got enough dirt to bury them alive.

No one is flawless, or?

The rumors and the secrets goes on in the second book Flawless as well, and we get to know the girls better when they used to be friends and hang out. But also from the time after Ali has vanished. The girls still get the cryptic messages from A on their cells and computers. All the time they feel spied on by this mysterious person A. The messages they get is small hints about that each of the girls is being observed by someone in a way they can't understand that's possible. All the time they wonder: Who is the person that knows so much about them?

It's not just the common secret the girls share together they must keep but they also have their own personal secrets to take care of. Secrets they want to keep for themselves and not share with the other girls or anyone.

Spencer has done something that her sister and her parents is not very proud of and because of that they treat her like air. Aria knows something about her dad. She wants to tell her mom about it but don't know how and she doesn't want to be the one to hurt her mom either. She doesn't have the guts to tell her what her dad is doing. Emily is unsure of who she really likes and she is dealing with feelings she can't understand. Hanna is having a hard time of liking herself because of the look and the weight. And Alison was the one bossing and manipulating around the other girls before she mysteriously vanished.

During a weird event Spencer, Aria, Emily and Hanna meets again. They find out that they all have gotten cryptic messages from the signature A. Even though it's a long time they have talked and been hanging out together, and feel a little awkward together after not seeing each other for a long time, they agree they must stick together and get through this - whatever that's going on. And try to find out who this A is before the person goes to far. There are some rumors and secrets the girls doesn't want to get published and their common secret must not get known by others. Or their lives will be destroyed forever.

Flawless is the second book in the Pretty Little Liars series and for me I thought it was a lot better and fast paced than the first one. We also get to know the girls a lot better and how their friendship were together before they moved on with their own lives.We also get to know each one of them better. And it's easy to relate to some of them and feel sorry for the situations they are in. Each chapter I was very excited about how everything would continue. It got me very curious!

And I think I know who A is (it's always the least suspect, you know ...) but I'm not 100%  sure. But that's why I like this series. It's not the best books I've read but it's very entertaining and I love mysteries and suspense a lot! And it's always fun to guess who is behind things that's going on. It's probably that's why I like crime novels and mysteries a lot. I like to guess. And I'm very curious to figure out if I'm right or wrong about who A is. I'm just glad that I already have the first fourth books in the series so that I can continue the books right away. It's eight books in all and since I'm enjoying the books so much I gotta get them all someday to know everything that's going on!

Flawless was surprisingly and luckily not so boring like the first book. This was exciting, and I get more and more curious about the characters as well and I just love the cryptic messages from A. They are creative and make me smile. And like I said, I'm glad that I have the first fourth books so that I just can get started on the next book! I want to know what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment:-)