Sunday, October 2, 2011

Evermore by Alyson Noël - fantasy/paranormal for newbies


My Rate: ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ (2/10 Skulls)

Original Title: Evermore (The Immortals #1)
Norwegian Title: Ever - for alltid! (De udødelige #1)
Written by: Alyson Noël
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Written for: YA
Pages: 373
Publisher:
St. Martin’s Griffin
Published: February 3, 2007
Published in Norway: 2010
My copy: 2009 (Paperback)
Norwegian Publisher:
Kagge Forlag
I read it: September 25 - September 27, 2011
Source:
Bought

Back of the Book

Sixteen –year-old Ever Bloom is the sole survivor of a car accident that killed her family Exiled to sunny California. Ever is haunted by her little sister and by the ability to see people’s auras, hear their thoughts and know their entire life story by touching them. She wants to hide from the world, but when a stunningly handsome new guy arrives at school, she can’t seem to keep away. Falling in love with Damen is dangerous – he’s not what he seems.

But if Damen is her destiny, how can Ever walk away?
 


Is it possible to get unique powers after horrible accidents?

Ever is the only survivor of a serious car accident. The rest of her family never gets out of the car alive. After the accident she notice new sides of her self. She has abilities she never had before. She can read minds, see auras and get the whole life story of a person by touching him/her. Why did she get these abilities? And her life also changes when she meets Damen. Who is he and why does she feel attached to him?

This book/series is loved and hated by fans of this genre. I've read many mixed reviews. It's always interesting to find out how people experience a book 'cause it ends up so differently. Even though I was kind of sceptical to read this book I admit that I love to explore books,authors and genres. Find out what I like and don't. It doesn't hurt to try new things when it comes to reading.

My thoughts about this book is a little let down. The letters are very big and the writing style is easy to read, even a little childish. At least it was for me. The story is pretty typical: Parents/family dies in a horrible accident. The survivor gets ability he/she never had before. This mysterious guy starts at school and the main character falls in love with him/her. You know what I mean? I've read this kind of book many times before and I've read better books with the same plot as well.

Evermore is too thin when it comes to both story and characters. The story itself wasn't very fascinating either. It got too regular and it didn't offer any new to the genre. And after reading the book I didn't feel a thing. It didn't give me anything. The excitement was gone and I didn't really cared about the characters and while I was reading I was looking forward to read another book. Which is a bad sign. It was all in all boring. I probably won't continue reading this series. I think younger readers will like it better and newbies to this genre.

Highlights: Pretty cover and it seemed to be an interesting read.

Downhill: Even though I was sceptical, I did have high hopes but since the book responded to my hopes, it was a big let down.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment:-)