Thursday, September 29, 2011

You're next by Gregg Hurwitz - superexciting! If you are fan of books by Harlan Coben, you'll love this one!



My Rate: ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ (9/10 Skulls)

Original Title: You're next
Norwegian Title:There is no Norwegian Edition
Written by: Gregg Hurwitz
Genre: Thriller
Written for: Adult
Pages: 437
Publisher:
Sphere
Published: Jaunary 6, 2011
Published in Norway: -
My copy: 2011 (Paperback)
Norwegian Publisher: -

I read it: September 18 - September 24, 2011
Source:
Bought

Back of the Book


‘Outstanding in every way’
LEE CHILD

‘Uniquely believable and sympathetic’
JAMES PATTERSON

‘Thriller writing at its best’
TESS GERRITSEN

Every family has its secrets. His might get them killed.

‘I know you, don’t I?’ Five words – that’s all it takes to plunge Mike Wingate and his family into mortal danger. Mike doesn’t recognize the crippled stranger who approaches him at a party … but the stranger seems to know all about him.
What has Mike done? Do they have the wrong man? Overnight, the threats become attacks, and Mike, his wife and their young daughter learn they aren’t safe anywhere – especially not in their own home. But there’s no time for Mike to figure it out, because his enemies have killed before – and he’s next.

Gripping from its first lines to its extraordinary twist ending, YOU’RE NEXT is a heart-pounding thriller to rival the very best of Linwood Barclay and Harlan Coben.


What would you do to protect your family?

Mike Wingate is a happy man who has a fantastic wife and a fantastic daughter. He is proud of who he has become despite his sad childhood. As a boy he got abandoned at a playground in an unfamiliar place. His father left him there without knowing why. But he do knows and remembers that his dad acted weird that day and if he remembers correctly, his dad also got a red spot on his shirt.

But despite that sad and not understanding why his dad left him, Mike has become a strong and loving guy, which his wife and daughter can confirm. But at a party to honour Mike through his job , a guy stumble across him and claims to recognize Mike. Mike is pretty sure that the man is mistaking him for someone else. He has never seen that man before. And he understands that the guy is having spooky plans for him for some reason with some other guys. They want Mike but why? And what does Mike have to do to protect his family? And how is he gonna protect himself and his family from that guys without knowing who they are and what they want?

I had never heard about Gregg Hurwitz before. It was just a coincidence that I came across his book. The synopsis sounded really cool and exciting and the cover wanted me to go into that house and see what would happen. I wanted to know more about the book so I just had to get it. The title also made me very curious. You're next ... the title gives me shivers and makes me think that's bad news. So, I couldn't resist and I'm glad I got the book. I wanted to know what would happen with Mike and his family.

You're next is a thrilling and exciting book that keeps you awake night after night as you are reading it. There were nights I was going to read just a few pages but the pages just kept flying by. I didn't get a lot of sleep the nights I was reading this book 'cause I had hard times putting it down. You’re next is a thrilling an exciting book. So like I said, I didn't get much sleep the nights I was reading it but that's ok. I rarely sleep before 3-4 am anyway. Probably not a good idea to read before sleeping 'cause I'm addicted to reading, especially just before going to sleep. It's a weird "habit". But what's great about books is that we can read them whenever we want to. And I always read before sleeping 'cause then I don't get distracted by my TV and PC.I get to read more at night than during the day. But enough about that.

This is a wild and crazy thriller with exploding characters and concept. I pretty much liked everyone but not a fan of the daughter Kat. I think she was acting a bit older than her real age and she really annoyed me somehow. But I did like Shep a lot. A friend of Mike who is trying to help him to get out of the mess. I liked their friendship. They've been friends in many years and they are good friends even though it takes years before they see each other again. It's moving how they support each other.

You're next is definitely a book for you if you like books by Harlan Coben and fast paced thrillers.

Hightlights: Fast paced, fun thriller that keeps your attention all the way!

Downhill: Didn't like Kat much. Annoying and a bit whiny. I don't know why but I just couldn't like her.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment:-)