Monday, January 3, 2011

All the pretty dead girls by John Manning - things are not always what they seem to be.


My rate: ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ (4/10 Skulls)

Original Title: All the pretty dead girls
Norwegian Title: Ondskapens elev
Written by: John Manning
Genre: horror/conspiricy
Written for: Adult
Pages: 516
Publisher:
Pinnacle Books
Published:
2008
Published in Norway: 2009
My copy: 2009 (Paperback)
Norwegian Publisher: Cappelendamm
I read it: 24th Jan – 12th Feb, 2011
Source:
Bought


I didn't buy many books in December 'cause I was saving money for Christmas presents...I always buy a lot of books each month but in December I only bought one. All the pretty dead girls by John Manning. I had promised myself not to buy something for me, but I did when I saw this one cause the plot sounded exciting and the title was pretty catchy if you ask me. So even though I hadn't heard of this writer before I decided to take a chance. It's fun to discover new writer and try something new. 


I didn't have a lot of expectations for this book other than I hoped it was a okay read. I wanted a book to read for Christmas Vacation even though I have many unread books on my bookshelves from before...But hey, buying books is fun, right?

All the pretty dead girls is about a girl named Sue. After being raised by her grandparents after her parents death...she can finally enjoy freedom when she arrives Wilbourne College in her brand new car. She can finally live her own life. She is excited to make things on her own and begin with the studies at Wilbourne College. But her dreams start to change to a nightmare when she time to time discover a screaming face from one of the windows when she walks across the campus. Who does that screaming face belong to and why doesn't anyone else see it? Strange things happen soon in the small town where she attends College. And why does she feels like the strange things involves her? Soon she discovers dark and awful secrets about herself. Who can she trust? 

I spent a few lazy days this Christmas with reading this book. It wasn't all that, but enjoyable read if you want something easy and a book you can relax with. I really liked the Sue character a lot. Very fun and a girl with guts. Someone who knows what to do in different situations. And I also liked Manning's writing style a lot so I'm going to check out more about his books later. 

All the pretty dead girls is nothing special but a good and relaxing read. It didn't take many days to read either, only five days. So this is the first book I've read in 2011. Not bad *lol* 1 of 100. I'm in 100 books in a year reading challenge hosted by Book Chick City. So I have many more books to go but one book so far is better than nothing...And All the pretty dead girls was a good start of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment:-)