Friday, July 15, 2011

Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - who would think that angels could be so exciting?!



  My Rate: ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ (9/10 Skulls)

Original Title: Hush, hush
Norwegian Title: Fallen engel
Written by: Becca Fitzpatrick
Genre: paranormal romance
Written for: YA
Pages: 391
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

Published: 2009
Published in Norway: Upcoming August, 2011
My copy: ? (Paperback)
Norwegian Publisher:
Gyldendal
I read it: July 4 - July 12, 2011
Source:
From my own personal "library"

(Goodreads)

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.



Nora Grey lives with her mom in their farmhouse. They live alone after her father died in a horrible destiny. Since then, her mother had to get a job and because of that, Nora is home alone a lot even though a house cleaner drops by a few hours a day. But luckily, Nora has her best friend Vee, and the two of them hang together almost 24/7. They are also partners in the biology - class. One day they get told to switch partners in that class for the rest of the semester and Nora becomes partner with the new student, Patch. From that day her life is changed forever.

I've heard a lot of this book and books that get a lot of hype and attention always makes me feel a bit sceptical because I have experienced a few times that books who get a lot of attention isn't always as good as the "rest of the world" says it is. So, to be honest, I was very, very sceptical before I began reading Hush, hush (fancy title by the way).

But even though I was sceptic about this book I must admit that it was a very exciting, interesting and dreamy book to read. Hush, hush must be my first book about angels. Lately there has been series after series with only vampires and I am a huge fan of vampires (not Twilight vampires!), So, it was good to read about something else for a change.

The start was a bit slow and it took a little time before I got into the story and there were things that were kind of similar to Twilight. There is something about these biology - classes. Something is always interesting going on in those classes in books like Twilight, Hush, hush ... I don't know why. It must be a new place to hook up...

It's in that class Nora Grey meets the mysterious Patch, and they become biology partners. They don't exactly get along well and it turns out that Patch is not an ordinary person. This concept sounds very familiar, right? It's nothing new. But Becca Fitzpatrick's writing style is a lot better than Stephenie Meyers. And Nora Grey is more lovable than Bella Swan. For me, Nora is easier to like. It's kind of hard to explain so I'm not gonna talk more about that.

Hush, hush was a very surprising, interesting and enjoyable read. The book had many exciting characters, interesting friendships and I got pleasantly surprised about how good this book was despite how sceptical  at the very beginning. And I'm now very curious about Crescendo, the next book in the series, a follow up that I can't wait to read. And I'll get it as soon as I see it. Be sure of that! And in my edition there is also a sneak preview to Crescendo, but I did myself a favor to not read it 'cause then I would just die to get the next book so, I just skip the sneak preview or I would just torture myself. So, I decide to stay strong instead until I get the book.

I can't wait to read what's gonna happen next and it's a great book to think about after finishing it. It's very haunting. And I just love the cover! It's gorgeous! So alive and the combination of the colors is just stunning!

So excited to get to know the main characters better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment:-)